Your House Cleaning Essentials Checklist
Some people love it, some people hate it, but keeping your home clean is important for a lot of reasons. Not only does it help keep your home organised and hygienic, but it also makes it nicer to live in too.
While we might not all agree on whether we love cleaning, most people agree on wanting to save time and effort on cleaning but still enjoy good results. Less time spent cleaning means more time to spend enjoying your clean home – who wouldn’t want that?
With that in mind, we’ve put together your house cleaning essentials checklist to help you do the best job of cleaning a house.
Arm yourself with the right products
Having the right cleaning tools and equipment to hand is an important part of the cleaning process. We’ve put together some handy lists of what you’ll need to help you leave your house sparkling.
Cleaning tools and equipment
Invest in the right cleaning tools and equipment to help make cleaning as easy and effective as possible:
- Rubber gloves – a must for keeping your hands protected from harsh chemicals.
- Microfibre cloths – ideal for cleaning a range of surfaces without leaving messy fibres behind.
- Glass cleaning cloths – to help you leave glass, mirrors and glossy surfaces streak-free.
- Dustpan and brush – a must for tackling spills and gathering piles of dust from hard-to-reach places.
- Dusters – helping to remove dust from surfaces ready for cleaning.
- Toilet brush and holder – a must-have product for keeping your toilet clean.
- Sponges and squeegees – handy for cleaning bathrooms and kitchens. You might want to invest in a variety to help you tackle different surfaces.
- Mop – From dry mops to steam mops, there are different types of mops available. make sure you choose the right type of mop for your flooring type.
- Vacuum cleaner – the holy grail of cleaning tools and equipment to keep your floors clean and free from dust.
Essential cleaning products
Use our handy household cleaning products list to make sure you have everything you need:
- Washing up liquid – a daily essential for washing dishes as well as breaking down grease easily.
- All-purpose cleaner – used to tackle everyday stains in different rooms. A must-have cleaning product for kitchen and bathrooms.
- Glass cleaner – use a specialist glass cleaner to clean glass, mirrors and mirrored surfaces in your home. Streak-free formulas help produce excellent results.
- Antibacterial products – another must-have bathroom or kitchen cleaning product to help leave surfaces clean and hygienic. Choose from sprays, concentrated solutions or wipes.
- Bathroom cleaner – bathroom cleaners are designed to tackle limescale, which can build up easily in a bathroom. Some formulas include bleach to help tackle mould and mildew and leave surfaces looking whiter and brighter.
- Wood cleaner – treat your wooden items with care by using a wood cleaner that’s designed to use with all of your wooden furniture.
- Bleach – bleach can help tackle a range of messes in the home, helping to eliminate germs too. Always follow instructions carefully when handling bleach.
- Floor cleaner – the right floor cleaner will help you clean dirt easily while also leaving your floors smelling fresh.
- Baking soda – a very handy product that can be used in a variety of cleaning situations.
- White vinegar – using white vinegar can be an effective way of tackling stains without chemicals and can be used for a lot of different cleaning tasks.
Specialist cleaning products for deep cleaning tasks
Some products may not be needed for regular cleaning, but should still be added to your essential household cleaning products list:
- Oven cleaner – a must for deep cleaning ovens and removing burnt-on food.
- Dishwasher cleaner – to help you keep your dishwasher smelling fresh and working effectively.
- Upholstery cleaner – find the product that’s best suited to the type of upholstery you have to help you tackle unwanted stains.
- Carpet cleaner – for spot removal and for deeper carpet cleaning.
- Mould and mildew remover – for tough mould spots in bathrooms.
Create a task list for each room
When faced with the task of cleaning, it’s handy to break everything down room by room. Creating a task list for each room will help you work out exactly what needs to be done and give you a way to check it off as you go.
Once you get used to working through a cleaning to-do list, you can get a sense of how long each task takes to help you clean more effectively and start saving time on your cleaning.
Explore the benefits of daily cleaning
A little daily cleaning can go a long way towards helping you maintain a clean and sparkling home. Setting a 30-minute timer to tackle daily tasks such as vacuuming, wiping down surfaces and cleaning the toilet.
You can then focus the rest of your cleaning time on tasks that may take a little longer such as cleaning the windows.
Once you get into the habit of daily cleaning, it can become really easy to maintain a clean and organised home.
Get all of your house cleaning supplies from phs Direct
At phs, we know how nice it is to have a fresh, clean home. We stock a wide range of essential cleaning products and cleaning tools and equipment to help support your cleaning needs.
From kitchen cleaning products to bathroom cleaners and specialist cleaning products, we have all everything to tick off from your house cleaning products list. Explore our full range of cleaning products at phs Direct and enjoy great service and prices from one of the UK’s leading suppliers of cleaning products and equipment.